In 2017 the United Nations unanimously approved Slovenia’s proposal and 20th of May was proclaimed World Bee Day. The purpose of the proposal was to raise awareness of the importance of pollinators, the threats they face and their contribution to sustainable development.
There are many ways we can celebrate, and here are a few to consider:
- Grow a bee friendly garden
- Visit an apiary
- Get creative with beeswax
- Avoid the use of harmful pesticides
- Save a bee in need; provide water stations
- Buy from a beekeeper near you
Ensuring biodiversity is crucial in building resilience in agricultural ecosystems and adapting to climate change.